THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

Pattern choices for the modern quilter

Dienstag, 1. November 2011

Thank you so much for commenting with some suggestions on my post about color choices for the modern quilter. I had this picture of a most exfoliated wall in vibrant colors as my source of inspiration.

1 
And your suggestions motivated me to find not only fabrics but also a pattern reflecting the layered and mottled look of this wall. Although they are not what I understand as typical modern I found Batiks would match the look of this surface ideally.

Now it came to the part to develop the pattern. One comment said “No appliqué, please”. Would you feel I’m teasing you when I say “You opted for a pieced technique, but nobody claimed “NO CURVED SEAMS, PLEASE” ;-) These curved lines I used (of course only pieced!!!) seem to give a look of layers and lift the Batiks up from their traditional use to a modern one.

Will you forgive me for the curves? Please….

Do you think they are worth the effect? Tell me what’s your opinion. And which color scheme do you like me to develop in the next post? You can choose between green or purple

Pattern choices

Vielen Dank für die Vorschläge in den Kommentaren zu meinem Post über color choices for the modern quilter. Als Ausgangspunkt hatte ich dort dieses Bild oben von einer völlig abgeblätterten Wand in leuchtenden Farben.

Und die Vorschläge haben mich motiviert, nicht nur Stoffe, sondern auch ein Muster zu finden, das diesen abgeblätterten Charakter der Wand wiedergibt. Obwohl ich Batikstoffe nicht als typisch modern einordne, waren sie in diesem Fall für mich die idealen Materialien.

Jetzt war ich an dem Punkt, das passende Muster zu finden. In einem Kommentar stand “Bitte kein Appliqué” Ich hoffe, es ist nicht gemein, wenn ich sage “Ihr wolltet lieber eine piecing-Technik, aber keiner hat was von “keine Kurvennähte” gesagt ;-)

Diese runden Linien, die selbstverständlich gepieced sind (!!!), sind so ein schöner Ausdruck von übereinander liegenden Ebenen und geben diesen traditionell bekannten Batiks etwas Modernes.

Verzeihst du mir die Kurven? Bitte…

Denkst du, sie sind den Effekt wert? Was meinst du dazu? Und welches Farbschema würdest du im nächsten Post entwickelt sehen? Du kannst zwischen grün und violett wählen.

12 Kommentare:

Esch House Quilts hat gesagt…

Wow! I think you did a great job of capturing the colors and feel of the photo.

Green for next time is my vote!

Sequana hat gesagt…

Oh my gosh. I LOVE that set of curves! Both the shapes and the colors. Are you developing this into a pattern?

Most people will probably say green, so I cast my vote for purple. :)

Hideaway Girl hat gesagt…

This pattern is stunning! The curves and colors are fabulous. Love the inspiration photo too!

Maureen T. hat gesagt…

What an awesome design! I vote for purple.

Janine @ Rainbow Hare hat gesagt…

Wow! I think that's amazing. Your curves are incredible and the colours are perfect :)

Anonym hat gesagt…

Beautyful !!
i vote for green.
Lydia

M-R Charbonneau hat gesagt…

Wow, wow, wow! I love your design! Very cool! I'll say purple. :)

Carol hat gesagt…

I love curves - and your quilt is lovely. I think batiks can be very modern.

I like both green and purple, but I rarely see anything in purple, so I'll choose that.

Anonym hat gesagt…

I say purple AND green! They are complimentary, right? Love the curves but I'm scared of how they may go together!

colorchic hat gesagt…

I vote for using both colors! They work so well together!

Carla hat gesagt…

Amazing!

sternwerfer hat gesagt…

Ein toller Quilt, sehr sehr schön! Lieben gruß

.

 
site design by designer blogs