THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

Triangle Purse

Montag, 3. Oktober 2011

Recently my eyes caught some nice fabric triangle purses while surfing the internet at craftpassion.com. The idea comes from those yummy rice wraps.

rice wrap 
I’m not from Asia but I’m also familiar with these pyramid shapes since my childhood: I’ve got some orange juice packages in my school bag, called Sunkist.

 

 

 


Ok, here are the ones I made from fabric. You could put some candies inside or some coins or your lipstick. And they are pretty easy to sew. I made a tutorial, members can find it at Quilter’s Garden.

triangle purse_15
And wait – there’s another thing I’d like to share. Strolling over Soest’s fabric market I found a booth of jewelry. I couldn’t resist to this cute necklace which's beads look like little globes. What do you think? Great idea, or? Just paper glued on wooden beads.

globes

Beim Surfen durchs Internet fand ich neulich hübsche kleine Stofftäschchen bei craftpassion.com. Die Idee für die Form stammt von Reis Wraps, die wie kleine Pyramiden verpackt sind. Solche Pyramidenformen kenne ich aus meiner eigenen Kindheit: damals in den 70er Jahren hatten wir Sunkist Orangensafttrinkpäckchen.

Meine Stofftäschchen sind der ideale Platz für einige Bonbons, etwas Kleingeld oder meinen Lippenstift und ich hab ein deutsches Tutorial geschrieben, Mitglieder können es bei Quilter’s Garden downloaden.

Und dann fand ich noch eine Halskette beim Bummel über den Soester Stoffmarkt, der ich einfach nicht widerstehen konnte. Ihre Perlen sehen aus wie lauter kleine Globen. Ist die nicht einfach klasse? Die Handwerkerin hat mir erzählt, dass dafür Holzperlen mit Papier beklebt werden. Hmmmm…

3 Kommentare:

Katherine hat gesagt…

I love these purses, too.

I have made several versions of them, including one from selvedges:

http://sewmesomethinggood.blogspot.com/2010/07/tiny.html

and one in patchwork:

http://sewmesomethinggood.blogspot.com/2010/08/patchwork-pyramid-coin-purse.html

I've given the basic one as a tutorial on my blog.

http://sewmesomethinggood.blogspot.com/2010/08/how-to-sew-coin-purse.html

Toni hat gesagt…

Very cute little purses! I have a tutorial for those pinned on one of my Pinterest boards. I think the necklace is pretty cool, too. Neat idea to use maps on the beads!

Marsha Cooper hat gesagt…

Cute little purses. I will have to check out the tutorial. They would make great little gifts, especially filled.

.

 
site design by designer blogs