THIS BLOG HAS MOVED

Dear reader, this blog was a nice place for quite a while to share my thoughts and stories. Meanwhile I got a new website and so I continue writing on my new's site blog.

HOP OVER TO THE NEW BLOG

Thank you.

Liebe Leserin, dieser Blog war für lange Zeit ein sehr netter Ort, meine Gedanken und Geschichten mit dir zu teilen. Inzwischen habe ich eine neue Website erstellt und werde jetzt den Blog dort fortsetzen.

GEH EINFACH ZUM NEUEN BLOG,

und: "Danke!"

Finally finished

Montag, 14. Mai 2007




My “Hidden Pinwheel” blocks are now sewn together, my project is finished.
The blocks came to lie over an orange solid by chance (there were some left overs of my Amsterdam quilt laying around) and I found it fitting together very well. So I took it for a small border stripe. I added a dark sand solid for a second wider border stripe - so the both are a little bit like a picture frame.
Quilting in the border is very geometrical: zigzag lines sewed with a twin needle. I liked to pick up the diagonal lines in the block and repeat them in the border.

The middle of the quilt has some meander quilting but it wasn’t really worth the effort, because the fabrics don’t show enough of it.
Yesterday it was mother’s day and the quilt found its victim :-)
Thanks again to Bonnie Hunter for inspiration.

1 Kommentar:

Nettie hat gesagt…

It's really pretty. I like the way you echoe the block pattern in the border quilting and the way the warmer pieced work stands out against the cool sand background. That has happened to me too sometimes--some fabrics lie inadvertently together and i discover a combination i may not have thought of otherwise.

.

 
site design by designer blogs